Sunday, May 6, 2018

China Itinerary

Happy Sunday!  I'm continuing along in the China books; I've already shared this layout:


Just getting from Japan to China was an adventure, so I had to make sure that story was told in my scrapbooks.

Next up is this layout:


It was a late decision to add this to the book, but I'm glad I did.  I listed what we did in each city for every day of the trip, and I scrounged up one picture from each city to use here without having to reprint any.


I cut some flowers and leaves with the Eclectic Layers Thinlits to use as accents.  For the solid Barely Banana piece, I used a sponge dauber to ink up the center of the piece so there's a bit of shading in the flower, and I also sponged Certainly Celery ink on the leaves (which were cut from Certainly Celery cardstock) to make them a little bit darker and stand out better from the patterned paper.


Today's color palette:  Bermuda Bay, Certainly Celery, Poppy Parade (yay it's coming back!), Barely Banana, Basic Gray, and Whisper White.  I used the same Poppy Parade and Barely Banana on the Adventure Awaits layout, paired with Pool Party; I do love those colors together.  Speaking of colors, I did my SU! preorder and lots of new colors are heading my way!  Super excited about that.

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Rough Type
Ink:  Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral, Barely Banana, Certainly Celery, Basic Gray
Paper:  Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral, Barely Banana, Certainly Celery cardstock & DSP, Whisper White
Accessories:  lettering template, Eclectic Layers Thinlits

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

I really like how you do the Itinerary page. It's a great idea. LOVE the colors. Great job!