Saturday, May 26, 2018

Baby Bear

Bonus card this week because I'm an overachiever! :) And guess what?  It's not flowers.


I love bears (my college mascot!) but I haven't used this stamp set very much.  I've had more luck with it since I started using my piercing mat as a pad when using photopolymer stamps, but even then I had some ink coverage issues this time around.  But Baby Bear ended up looking okay.  And he fits in with this week's SUO Challenge:


I also used the color combination from Inkspire Me:


I really like Wild Wasabi, I'll miss it.  For the additional color, I added Soft Suede...used that on the bear with Early Espresso to get some nice shading on it.  You can't see much white on my card, but I did stamp the bear on white ;)

Finally, here's this week's sketch from Retro Rubber:


Baby Bear is almost two years old because I got him one October when SU! did a sale on select stamp sets, but then I didn't use him for months afterwards.  The speckles on the background are from Magical Mermaid, but she's not quite a year old yet so she doesn't count as retro.  I did leave off the small circular element from the sketch because I couldn't think of anything to put there.  Alternatively you could say I moved that element to the bear and it's his gold bow.

That's it for me today.  I'm going to go see Solo!!!!  Can't get a babysitter, so I'm going to see it solo.  And I will make that pun all day long.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Baby Bear, Magical Mermaid
Ink:  Soft Suede, Early Espresso, Wild Wasabi, Versamark
Paper:  Wild Wasabi, Thick Whisper White, gold foil
Accessories:  Gold EP, Dimensionals

6 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

Yes, I'll miss Wild Wasabi too. I love your bear with his gold bow. The splattery background is a fantastic choice. Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber Challenge again.

CCsMom said...

Awww, so sweet!

creative lady said...

Cute card! Love that bear. Thanks so much for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

Neva Cole said...

Oh what a sweet bear and a great use of all the challenges. The speckles in the top set him off nicely along with the embossed gold bow! Thanks for playing along, it's great to see you back in our gallery at Retro Rubber!

Claire Grantham said...

Great card, that Bear stamp is amazing and I can totally understand how it might be hard to get a good impression with him. Thanks for joining us again at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

Julia said...

Hope you enjoyed Solo - our family really liked it!! This bear image is so realistic and the colours are perfect for this image. Just perfect for our challenge featuring critters. So glad you joined in the fun with us at SUO Challenges.