Monday, February 10, 2020

Barholm

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  I finally took pictures of a giant stack of layouts yesterday...I was waiting until I had good lighting and of course I couldn't get through them all before the light changed but dangit I'm not redoing all the pictures.


These pics are from our last trip to Scotland in 2014, which was a family heritage trip with my dad's side of the family.  The original plan was to drive to Barholm Castle (which is a tower house) and just look from the outside because something like 500 years ago someone that we're related to lived there or something.  Well, we got to the site and the owners happened to be at home and saw us looking around, so they invited our whole group inside and told us how they came to own the tower house and restored it and gave us a tour and everything.  Talk about Scottish hospitality!  The lady wrote a book about Scottish castles, but it hadn't been released yet when we were there, so Bob (one of my dad's relatives) arranged to get copies for all of us after the trip, which he had signed by the author.  That was just the coolest experience of this whole trip!

Anyway, let's talk about the layout for a minute.  I used the new Parisian Blossoms Specialty DSP for this.  It might be French themed, but it amuses me to use French stuff on Scottish scrapbook pages because the two countries were allies for a very long time to make England nervous ;)  #HistoryNerdAlert


Today's color palette is Petal Pink, Cherry Cobbler, Balmy Blue, and Whisper White.  The Cherry Cobbler and Balmy Blue were pulled straight from the pictures, and for some reason the Petal Pink just seemed to work with the photos so I went with it.

So my nephew will be born today!  My SIL has a C-section scheduled for this morning, so hopefully I get to see some pictures later today.  Yay new baby!

Hope you have a great week, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Lovely Letters Alphabet, Artistic Etchings
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, Basic Gray marker
Paper:  Petal Pink, Balmy Blue, Cherry Cobbler, Thick Whisper White, Parisian Blossoms Specialty DSP
Accessories:  circle punch, Layering Circles dies

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Okay well THAT is awesome! It's also a very pretty layout. ;)