Thursday, February 13, 2020

Friendly Carnation

Mornin' y'all!  Hope your morning is going well.  I'm about to drop Ryan off at the Y for a bit while I bake for a bake sale happening tomorrow.  Brownies and cookies and individual cheesecakes, oh my!  But in the meantime I have a card to share.


So I had *intended* to enter this card in the Color Throwdown challenge, buuuuut I forgot to incorporate gray on my card.  Oops.  I tried a Smoky Slate card base but it just didn't work for me.  I like the white on here.  You can't tell from the photo, but I brushed some Wink of Stella on the flower for a bit of shine.


I had more luck with the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches:


The ribbon I used was from last year's Sale-a-Bration.  If I've got it, might as well use it, right?  Everything else is current though.

Better go get Ryan out the door so I can bake.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Inspiring Iris, A Big Thank You
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Highland Heather, Old Olive
Paper:  Thick Whisper White, Highland Heather DSP, Best Dressed DSP Stack
Accessories:  Stitched Rectangles Dies, Wink of Stella, Dimensionals, retired ribbon

3 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Very pretty colors.....and this sweet floweris one of my all time favorites! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

What beautiful colors! I did the same thing- purple and green, forgot the gray. Oh well, this turned on perfectly and is a great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Cécile RIBON said...

This is delightful! I love this delicate whimsical flower. Thanks so much for sharing at Freshly Made Sketches.