Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Tropical Vacation

Mornin' y'all!  How would you feel about a tropical vacation right about now?  Though I can't complain since it's supposed to be 75 degrees here today.  In February.  Weather is weird.


I used the Tropical Oasis DSP because it was sitting out on my desk as I've been working on some scrapbook layouts for Hawaii pictures, but looking at the picture the color on the DSP doesn't match the flower as well as I thought it did yesterday (weird lighting for the win, I guess?).  There's a LOT of colors listed in the DSP but I think they missed a couple--if you look at several patterns I swear they use Shaded Spruce, which isn't on the color list.  Anyway, apparently I thought this coordinated better than it really does.

I used the Fab Friday color challenge:


The hibiscus is inked with Versamark + Merry Merlot, then heat embossed with clear powder; the leaves are done the same way with Versamark + Bermuda Bay.  Then I watercolored with Melon Mambo and Coastal Cabana respectively.

I'll enter this for the Global Design Project theme challenge:


And the Sunday Stamps sketch challenge:


I used the large rectangle from the Nature's Thoughts dies for the tag shape because I had it sitting on my craft table.

Hope you have a great day, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Timeless Tropical
Ink:  Merry Merlot, Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, Versamark
Paper:  Coastal Cabana, Thick Whisper White, Tropical Oasis DSP
Accessories:  Nature's Thoughts dies, In the Tropics dies, clear EP, Dimensionals, linen thread

6 comments:

Heather said...

Love this Christy - why did I not think of this set?? That hibiscus is perfect for our colors, and I love your layout! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Heather said...

Well, duh, no WONDER I love your layout! Thanks for playing at Sunday Stamps, too, lol!

stampwithamyk said...

Such a beautiful card! Love that flower and your layout is perfect! Thanks for joining us as Fab Friday and Sunday Stamps! Hope to see you again soon! :)

Amanda Mertz said...

I love this tropical take on our colors! They are soft but vibrant at the same time. Lovely! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Melissa Grant said...

Ooo, so pretty! Love the Hibiscus image you used in place of the tag. Love the happy colors too! Thanks for sharing with us at SUNDAY STAMPS.

Lisa said...

Great card and terrific use of the sketch!

Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps!