Friday, May 21, 2021

Brushed Sympathy Blooms

Hey y'all, happy Friday.  It's mid-afternoon here but I finally have a card to share!


My hubs asked me for a sympathy card that he could have everyone in his office sign for a coworker who lost her mother last week, so this card is 5x7.  It might LOOK simple, but it took me forever to push out all the little die cut pieces I didn't need :p  Then I used blending brushes to apply a soft wash of color, using the Color Throwdown for my palette:


We sent a bouquet too, so I know that her mother's favorite colors were pastels and white, so that definitely influenced how I made my flowers.  I used Coastal Cabana, Balmy Blue, and Just Jade for my colors.  I left the top die cut white, but after I stuck it down, I painted over it with Wink of Stella and after years of faithful service I think I need to replace my Wink of Stella pen.  It doesn't show up in the photo at all (usually doesn't), but it does add a nice elegance to the card IRL.

My supersize flower die cuts were inspired by the Global Design Project challenge:


Love that the inspiration card from GDP and the color palette from CTD dovetailed so nicely, it's like they planned it that way for me :)

Turns out I don't get ANY days off next week (what the heck, part time job!) so I'm going to go back up to my craft room and try to bust out a few more cards while I can.  Cheers, y'all!  And do more laundry.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  My Paper Pumpkin
Ink:  Coastal Cabana, Balmy Blue, Just Jade, Smoky Slate
Paper:  Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Many Layered Blossoms dies, Wink of Stella

4 comments:

Michal said...

Such a beautiful card!! Love the soft colors!

Susie Moore said...

As always, your cards are perfect. We always love seeing you at Color Throwdown Challenge!

Broni said...

This is just beautiful, Christy! (I understand your pain in pushing out all those little pieces of cs!!) Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Michelle said...

Wow, these are some of my favorite colors, so this really jumped out at me. But, wow again for your fabulous design.