Wednesday, April 10, 2013

April Showers

When I was a kid, it seemed to take three to five years just to get from one birthday to the next.  Nowadays, I swear that time is running at warp speed all the time (unless you're waiting in line) and I'm like DUDE, how is it April already.  At least it's finally warming up a bit...I almost left my jacket at home yesterday when it was a balmy 12 degrees Celsius.

Back to April showers!  Though it's not raining here today, it's actually quite pleasant outside.


The Splitcoast color challenge this week was Baja Breeze (sniffle!), Calypso Coral and Basic Black.  My first thought was to use By the Tide or By the Seashore but then I thought I'd shake it up some and work with these cute umbrellas again.  Sorry the pic is a bit blurry, I think it's getting close to time to replace our little camera...it's done really well for us but it is starting to get old.

Anyway, the main image panel is cut with my fave Apothecary Accents Framelits, stamped on my brellies and the sentiment, and then added some clouds made with the cupcake builder punch.  I admit, making clouds with that punch was the main reason I got it...I was thinking earlier today how cool it would be to have some larger cupcake Framelits.  See, I really should be elected Queen of the Stamping Universe.  :D

Go forth and stamp happy, by order of the Queen!  (And I wonder why my hubs told my mother to stop sending me coffee mugs that say Queen of Everything on them...)

Supplies (all SU!):
Stamps:  Rain or Shine (look ma, I didn't fussy cut the umbrellas this time!)
Ink:  Baja Breeze (get it while you can, I'm hoarding the cardstock!!!), Calypso Coral, Basic Black
Paper:  Baja Breeze (I think it's my fault they ran out of the cardstock already), Basic Black, Whisper White
Accessories:  In Color Designer Printed Brads so I can't mail this in a regular envelope, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Cupcake builder punch, Square Lattice EF (hard to see, it's on the black strips)

No comments: