Friday, April 26, 2013

Friday Flashback: Because I Care

Happy Friday and welcome to this week's edition of the Friday Flashback!  Today's featured stamp set is Because I Care, which was a pretty little hostess set a little while back.  For some reason SU! sent it to demos for free but I forget why.  Let's take a trip back in time to see what I've done with the stamps before today *cue time travel sound effect* {it sounds like the TARDIS}


Um.  Well.  That was a short flashback!  In case you missed it, the little flower to the right of the sentiment is from Because I Care, and that's it.  I'm really not sure how it's possible that I hadn't used this stamp set more, I love hydrangeas!  Well, here's a new card for you:


I'm kinda digging that color combo, what do you think?  It's Wild Wasaaaaabi, Marina Mist, and Wisteria Wonder.  I was pleasantly surprised with how vibrantly the markered image showed up when I stamped it.  Thought I'd use some of that Marina Mist ribbon that's in the Occasions catalog because I don't think I'd used any of it till now.  And how did I make cards before the Big Shot and Framelits came along?!

Today's card is brought to you by Freshly Made Sketches:

Another lovely and endlessly flexible layout, gotta love that.  I only tweaked a teensy bit so you could see more of the ribbon and of course my main image panel is shaped.

Thanks for joining me for today's Friday Flashback, and have a great weekend!

Supplies, today's card only:
Stamps:  Because I Care
Ink:  Wild Wasabi, Marina Mist
Paper:  Wild Wasabi, Marina Mist, Whisper White, In Color DSP Stack
Accessories:  Labels Collection Framelits & coordinating paper piercing template, Marina Mist ribbon from the Occasions catalog, Dimensionals

2 comments:

Narelle Farrugia said...

You've created such a pretty card Christy using a gorgeous colour combo! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Mitchell said...

I'm not sure I could live without my Bigshot! It definitely falls into the category of crafting tools I use all the time! And thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches with this pretty card. I love this color combo - it's not one I would have thought of, but these colors really compliment each other!