Monday, April 29, 2013

Washington Apples

Just when I thought I might actually get some of my own personal scrapbooking done, one of my friends announced that she's pregnant.

With TWINS.

So I'm back to doing baby books instead of scrapbooks for me and hubs...I'm so far behind.  I haven't even gotten halfway through our time in Japan, China will be an album by itself, and I haven't printed off hardly any pictures from after we moved to England.  So yeah, I will never be bored when it comes to scrapping.

But anyway, let's get back to the baby books.  I'm doing two books, one for each twin (both boys), and I always do baby books in multiples but this is the first time I've made books for twins.  These two books will put me at 13 baby books made total--always in pairs except one time I did three.


I usually start with whatever layout I have the first idea for, and yes at this point I copy myself quite a bit.  I go back to the older baby book pics and sketch out all the layouts and notate what stamps I might want to use.  This one is very much like an earlier September layout I did in 2010, but this time I used Perfectly Preserved and the Orchard Harvest DSP from last year's holiday catalog.  Is it weird that I have three different stamp sets with apples about that same size?  (Tart & Tangy, Fruit & Flowers, and Perfectly Preserved, if you're curious.)  And then for the journaling block, I used the teeny apple from One Smart Cookie and I totally bought that stamp set JUST for this purpose, luckily right before it retired.  And this layout is doubly appropriate since the mommy-to-be hails from Washington State.

While I was sticking down the letters on one of the layouts, I dropped the R and it landed adhesive side up (so, not stuck to the paper) and as that is a violation of the laws of physics I expect there's a rip in the space/time continuum now.  Because if you drop something with adhesive on it, there's a law that says it has to land adhesive side down.

Have a great Monday, and if you see that rip on the space/time continuum, report it to the nearest temporal police officer.  :D

Supplies:
Stamps:  Perfectly Preserved, One Smart Cookie (retired)
Ink:  Real Red, Lucky Limeade, Chocolate Chip
Paper:  Bashful Blue, Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Orchard Harvest DSP
Accessories:  Cannery Collection Framelits, old Sizzix alphabet

No comments: