Friday, April 5, 2013

Friday Flashback: Pocket Silhouettes

Hooray for another Friday Flashback!  Today's retired stamp set of choice is Pocket Silhouettes, a cute little set which retired not all that long ago if I remember correctly.  Let's open up the archives, shall we?


This first card is my favorite of the cards I have for today (much more so than the new card, but we'll get to that).  The one thing I'd change is just tying the ribbon 'round the DSP layer rather than the whole card front, and shortening the pierced line a little bit so it didn't go edge-to-edge on the image panel.  Well, I guess that's two things.  But I like the color combo:  Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, and Chocolate Chip even though it looks black.


Pretty sure this was for a combo color/sketch challenge and to be honest I kinda wonder why everyone else on the cardmaking planet is so in love with Crumb Cake.  I think it's okay I guess, but this much of it I think is drab.  And so MANY of the SCS "color" challenges are Crumb Cake, white or vanilla, and only one actual color (as opposed to a neutral).  YAWN.


And here's today's card, which is also a bit of a yawner to me.  I love Taken with Teal (retired, sniffle!) and Close to Cocoa (also retired, another sniffle!) but this card strikes me as trying too hard to catch up on the old SCS color and sketch challenges, and it just doesn't do anything for me.  Oh well, not every card can be your favorite, right?

Thanks for joining me on today's Friday Flashback!

Supplies, last card only:
Stamps:  Pocket Silhouettes
Ink:  Taken with Teal (marker, because my TWT ink pad does this weird shade that looks more like Baja Breeze, what's up with that?!) and Chocolate Chip
Paper:  Taken with Teal, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, retired Close to Cocoa DSP
Accessories:  Triple Flower punch (retired), Word Window punch, Neutrals brads

1 comment:

Tanya said...

This was one of my favorite stamp sets! And while you're sniffling about retired colors, I hope you heard the news about Crushed Curry, because I am not thrilled about that one. ;)