Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Coming Home

Today is my mom's birthday, so I picked this red white and blue layout to share today specifically for her enjoyment.


These pics are from when my little brother returned home in December 2012 from a 6-month deployment to Afghanistan.  (One of Adam's friends wondered to my mom, "She just made that layout now, isn't she a little bit behind?"  Oh Devlin, this is nothing.  The very next layout I made was for pics taken in 2003.)  So why, you may ask, did I use mustache paper on this?  Adam had grown a deployment mustache, so my mom gave everyone on the welcoming committee a fake mustache to wear when Adam arrived at the airport.  Adam got the last laugh though--during his last layover before home, he'd shaved his mustache off ;)  And the only mustaches in the pictures are Devlin's and my grandpa's, and both of those are real.


There's a closeup of my punch art Captain America shield, and I have to say thank you to Devlin for the idea because his sign in one of the pictures has a Cap shield on it.  I used a combination of circle punches and Framelits to make it, with a star punch in the middle.  And I'm a dork so I got the Captain America DVD out to make sure I made the shield correctly.

Happy birthday, Mom!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Rough Type Alphabet
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, Midnight Muse marker
Paper:  Brilliant Blue, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, retired Brilliant Blue DSP, non-SU mustache DSP
Accessories:  Star punch, various circle punches & Framelits, Labels Collection Framelits

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

Awesome, and yes, I DO LOVE THIS!!! Super colors, too!!! Yay! Not too many more days until I get to see you IRL!!! I can hardly believe that. I know, you are excited about seeing your dogs . . . but I'm in that package, too! Love you!

Tanya said...

This is a great layout, and I love how you pull things in to the unseen story, like the mustache paper!
And of course you have to pull out the dvd- it would be way worse to have people constantly letting you know it was wrong! :)