Thursday, July 31, 2014

Stonehenge

You know what today is?  It's Harry Potter's birthday!  So happy birthday to the Boy Who Lived, and many thanks to author J.K. Rowling for giving us such a wonderful story.  Love the Harry Potter books.

So today I thought I'd share a layout from a kinda magical place.  Alas, I haven't started scrapping any of our pics from the Harry Potter studio tour, but hey, Stonehenge is pretty awesome too.


See the original pictures here.  One of the stories about the creation of Stonehenge is that it was originally in Ireland, but Merlin saw it and liked it and used magic to transport it to England.  The main problem with that theory is that Stonehenge had been on Salisbury Plain for a number of centuries before Merlin and King Arthur arrived on the scene.

Yep, magical translocation?  Totally plausible.  But not unless Merlin also had a time machine.  Oh wait, didn't he live backwards, where he got younger as time went on?  So maybe it is still possible...


Anyway, there's my title, I love that Well-Worn Alphabet for nice grungy titles.  And Gorgeous Grunge, why did it take me so long to buy that stamp set?  Love it.  The speckles on the title block were accidental though, I dropped the inked-up stamp on the cardstock by accident and then thought oh why not, so I added more.


Smoky Slate embossing powder FTW!  I wanted just a little something in that corner and the embossing powder did the trick.

Have a magical day, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Well-Worn Alphabet, Gorgeous Grunge
Ink:  Basic Gray, Smoky Slate, Versamark
Paper:  Basic Gray, Smoky Slate, Fall Flowers DSP (long retired)
Accessories:  Smoky Slate EP

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

Kik, I think that looks absolutely AWESOME. You hit it out of the ballpark on this one, that's for sure. Love you!