Friday, September 19, 2014

Friday Flashback: Like it a Latte

It's Friday Flashback day, yay!  And today's featured stamp set is a real treat, a set I like a lot and should use more often even if it is retired:  Like it a Latte.  Let's get going!


I think that pack of patterned paper was some of the first DSP I got from Stampin' Up!  And now I've got about a zillion pounds of paper.  Just ask my husband:  when we were getting ready to move out of our house in England, he told our movers to double the estimated weight of our stuff just because of my paper.

Ok, ok, so doubling the initial estimate turned out to be just about right, but still.  Don't encourage him.

Also features Short & Sweet

Here's a kickstand card for ya, those are fun to do occasionally.


And back to the same paper pack from the first card, but I did a good job of switching out the toppings on the mug right?  And this is the only card in today's post where I did *not* put the heart on top of the mug.  So that's it for the Flashback part, here's today's all-new card:


And not a bit of patterned paper to be seen!  I've been itching to try the color combination from ColourQ this week:


I kinda sorta want those rain boots.  I don't need them, but man, they're pretty!  I also used the new sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch:


For the pink circle elements on the sketch, I busted out a marker and just drew some hearts and freckles and tried not to overthink where I put them.  Sometimes you've just gotta go with it.

So that's it from me for today!  At least, on the blog.  I think I'm going to continue messing around in my craft room for a while, I want to get back in the habit of spending more time in there and gettin' my muse on!

Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, last card only:

Stamps:  Like It a Latte, For All Things (the swoosh behind the cup, I love that stamp)
Ink:  Blushing Bride, Blackberry Bliss, Summer Starfruit, Calypso Coral
Paper:  Blushing Bride, Whisper White
Accessories:  Calypso Coral baker's twine, Dimensionals

5 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Great cards! I especially love the last one with the sweet coffee cup! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Lisa Elton said...

What a cute collection of cards! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the ColourQ!

Kim said...

Such a cute card for the color q challenge!! I love the clean and simple look.

CCsMom said...

Hey, you already have rain boots -- just in the shape of cowboy boots. Ha! Love the colors and ALL the cards!

Sylvia said...

What fun cards, Christy! Thanks for joining us at the colourQ.