Monday, March 9, 2015

Deep in the Heart of Texas

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  I just got a bunch of photo prints from all the stuff we did in 2014, so today's scrapbook layout is a pretty recent vintage.


All the pics on the left page are from my mom's birthday in July, the day the hubs and I got back to Texas from England and surprised her at her birthday dinner (she was expecting us three days later, but we pulled a sneaky trick on all the parental units).  The pics on the right are from the next few weeks we spent there, and you can see 'em close up here.


There's a closeup of the title.  I bought the Texas stamp and horses stamp at a rubber stamp store in Salado, Texas, several years ago but I think this is only the second time or so that I've used it.  Still, I loved it for my title on here, and the teensy letters are from the SU! Rough Edges Alphabet.  And the wee heart is from Wood You Be Mine.


I was totally inspired by the color combo at the Color Throwdown for my layout, though I swapped the Coastal Cabana aqua for Pacific Point.  I kinda had to because that was what was in the patterned paper I used.


There's my color palette:  Real Red, Pacific Point, Night of Navy, Sahara Sand, and Whisper White.  Love me some bright colors.

Anyway, I need to get moving and decide if I'm going to run or take the dogs for a walk first.  They both gotta get done though, so cheers, peeps!

Supplies, mostly SU!
Stamps:  Rough Edges Alphabet, Wood You Be Mine?, other stamps from Deadbeat Designs
Ink:  Real Red, Night of Navy (ink pad & marker), Sahara Sand
Paper:  Real Red, Whisper White, Night of Navy, Blueberry Crisp DSP

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

Oh, I REALLY like that!!! How fun. Brought back "recent" memories! LOVE IT!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fantastic spread Christy. Love the way you used the colors on the western themed pages. The patterns are so pretty on the background pieces. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.