Friday, March 27, 2015

Friday Flashback: Whimsical Alphabet

Ok, I really didn't do it on purpose, but somehow I drew the names of three alphabet stamp sets when I was grabbing the next batch of Friday Flashback stamp sets.  So get ready for another scrapalicious (and long) Friday Flashback featuring the Whimsical Alphabet!  And maybe the numbers, too :)

Also features Beyond the Basics
Several years ago there was a challenge on Splitcoast to make a scrapbook layout for a family.  The wife/mom of four had died unexpectedly; she was an avid scrapbooker but like pretty much all scrappers, she had thousands of photos unscrapped.  So I emailed the project coordinators and got a couple batches of photos and made two layouts; I left the journaling space blank so someone who knew the family could write there.

Also features Darling Dragons, Background Basics
Do you remember the TV show Dinosaurs?  With the baby dinosaur who always said "Not the mama!" to his dad?  Welllll, dragons are kinda like dinosaurs, right?


Here's a layout from Okinawa, when the hubs took a cheapo underwater camera with him on a scuba diving trip to see whale sharks.

Also features Simply Spring, Bunch o' Bugs, Bold Basics
There's my kiddos dressed up for Halloween!

Also features Simply Spring, Bunch o' Bugs
Or should I say, HOWLoween!

Also features Ancient Asia
I know you've seen this one before, it does seem to keep popping up.


And here's a funny card for ya featuring the Whimsical numbers.

Also features Happy Hearts, Dream Come True
I don't much like the color scheme on this one, but I think the idea was cute and I do like how I stamped the "love" on it.

Also features Mixed Bouquet
I kinda miss Apricot Appeal.  Or Peach Parfait.  I wouldn't mind having another pale orange in the next set of In Colors.

Also features Lovely Leaves
I did this layout not too long after I started stamping, it's one of the first scrapbook layouts I made with stamps.  So you know I've had this alphabet for a long time.

Also features Wanted, Bronc Buster
I think this is the only time I've ever decorated a gift bag :)

Also features Sweet Treats, Background Basics
And this one was on here recently too, when I did the Sweet Treats Friday Flashback.  So yep, I think I've gotten some good use out of this alphabet, and for today's new project I have another layout:


Yay!  Love happy layouts!  This was from lil girl's first birthday party, and her daddy has a July birthday too so he got his own Over the Hill pie.


Closeup of the title.  Since I didn't do mixed fonts, I did two colors:  Pumpkin Pie and Rose Red.   This layout is also the maiden voyage for Be the Star, which I just got recently.  I think the sketchy style of the stars paired nicely with the alphabet.


And there's my color palette:  Pretty in Pink (retired), Regal Rose (retired), Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie, and Gable Green (retired).  This is why I love my color swatch book, it reminds me to use retired colors for my layouts.  Searching through all my paper scraps for this layout is what made me organize all of them this week.  So glad THAT's done, it was ridiculous.

That's it for me, peeps.  Cheers to a great weekend!

Supplies, last layout only:
Stamps:  Whimsical Alphabet Upper & Lower, Be the Star
Ink:  Pumpkin Pie, Green Galore, Rose Red ink pad & marker
Paper:  Pretty in Pink, Gable Green, Whisper White, Sweet Always DSP, Party Animal SSK
Accessories:  Stars Framelits

1 comment: