Friday, April 10, 2015

Friday Flashback: Outlined Occasions

Happy Friday, peeps!  Every once in a while, I draw a stamp set name for the Friday Flashback that is all virgin rubbah...like today.  Outlined Occasions was a Sale-a-Bration set in 2012 (so at least it was free) that I had never inked up before today.  So here's my one and only card for today's Friday Flashback!


The set has two other pairs of sentiments, Thanks/so very much and Love/be mine.  It is pretty cute so I'm not sure why I never used it before, other than maybe Sale-a-Bration is such a short window that I sometimes run out of time to really play with all the schtuff.  Like I know I have at least one SAB set from this year that I haven't inked up at all.  So back to today's card, I stamped the bigger stamp in Night of Navy ink and then dumped some clear EP on it.  I'm not sure much of it actually stuck, but after I heated it up, it did keep the NON ink from running when I used blender pens to color in the letters and confetti, so I'm calling that a win.

Anywha, I used the very awesome color combo from Create with Connie and Mary:


Love it, and that the Calypso Coral and Crushed Curry are both found in the Best Year Ever DSP.  This card was super fast to put together thanks to this color combo and the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches:


And that's it for me this week, peeps.  Hope you have a fantabulous weekend!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Outlined Occasions
Ink:  Night of Navy, Calypso Coral, Crushed Curry
Paper:  Night of Navy, Whisper White, Best Year Ever DSP
Accessories:  Clear EP, Regals Candy Dots

11 comments:

CCsMom said...

That little sentiment is SO CUTE. LOVE it! I like anything with swirly things in it. Just makes you happy, you know?

You have a wonderful weekend. Can't believe we were there with you just LAST weekend. Seems like eons ago now. Love you!

Jenny Engelke said...

What a great way to use old sets...flashback Friday! This color combo calls for a fun set just like that! We're so glad you joined us at Create with Connie and Mary!

Chris Slogar said...

What great patterns with that sentiment! I can appreciate what you say about running out of time to use everything during SAB. Nice that you pulled this out of retirement - it seems fresh again, and it suits these challenges so well! Thank you for playing along at Create with Connie and Mary!

Amy O said...

Very cute! That is such a fun sentiment and I love your color combo. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I remember this set - an old favourite, that you've made work so well with the new DSPs and it totally suits the sketch layout. Great job! Thanks for joining us over at Create With Connie and Mary this week!

Anonymous said...

This is such a fun card and perfect for graduation season!

Jen Timko said...

Super cute, Christy!! Love the designs on that DSP and that sentiment is so great. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

AB. said...

Gorgeous fun card! I love that sentiment stamp....you've reminded me to get it out again. Great use of the colours at Create with Connie & Mary - thanks for joining us! :)

Margaret Raburn said...

That is such a cute set and looks pretty timeless too! I also have some SAB stamps that have never touched ink; so glad you used this fun stamp to make your pretty color challenge card! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

Connie Babbert said...

I have this set...somewhere! It really is a great greeting set and goes great with this year's SAB DSP! Very pretty! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Mary Brown said...

How simple yet a GREAT way to showcase that greeting stamp. SO CUTE! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!