Monday, April 27, 2015

Guilin Merge!

Scrappy Monday!  Today's scrapbook layout is dedicated to my good friends Missy and Bennet, and the inception of a very long-running joke.


See the original pics here.  This was from our trip to China in 2010; we ate dinner at a McDonald's and my hubs accidentally grabbed Bennet's drink and soon thereafter came down with his cold.  So Bennet immediately christened it "The Merge" and it's been a joke ever since.  How about a closeup of those golden arches:


Why yes, that *is* skull and crossbones paper!  I found it in my stash and thought it was too funny to resist, especially since it was in exactly the color I needed.  Anyway, to do the golden arches for my title, I found a .jpg of them online (thank you Google), printed them out, and then adhered it to my Summer Sun cardstock with removable adhesive.  Then I just snipped them out, peeled off the printer paper and voila!  Golden arches.

I had fun playing around with all the space on this layout; it's not often that I use just four pictures on a layout.  I'm not 100% sure I like my circle accents, the layout needed something but some of those look like fried eggs ;p  But it's done now and I do adore the skull paper :D


There's my color palette:  Riding Hood Red, Summer Sun, Night of Navy, and Whisper White.  Pretty simple Superman-esque colors, but you can't go wrong with a primary color triad.

I'm supposed to Skype with Missy this morning, so I'll make sure that she sees this.  I know she'll get a kick out of it.  HI MISSY!!!

Supplies, mostly SU!
Stamps:  None
Ink:  Night of Navy marker
Paper:  Riding Hood Red, Summer Sun, Night of Navy, Whisper White, Rockabilly & Good Morning Sunshine DSP
Accessories:  Circle punches, lettering template

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

Too funny. I LOVE the golden arches. Great add to the layout! Love you!

Tanya said...

This made me laugh on SCS, and the close up of the skull and crossbones you share here makes it even more funny! :)