Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Triple Challenge Butterfly Birthday

Hey kids, how's it going?  I got up early today and took my doggos for a walk before it got too hot to move, Sadie loved that.  :)  And now I can be lazy for the rest of the day!  Or work in my craft room, that's a good option too.

Anyway, here is my card for today:


I liked the sketch from Fab Friday so much that I had to have a second go at it:


I combined that with the CASE the Designer challenge from Global Design Project:


I kept the large butterfly, texture-stamped background, and a few scattered rhinestones, but I switched out the colors for the palette provided by the Paper Players:


Et voila!  Triple challenge.  I'm still struggling a bit with Sweet Sugarplum, so it's nice to have someone else come up with a color combination to try.  I like the color okay, I'm just not sure how to best use it yet.

Okay kids, I've got some more scrapbook pages to finish up today.  Have a great day!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Butterfly Basics, Timeless Textures
Ink:  Mint Macaron, Island Indigo, Sweet Sugarplum
Paper:  Mint Macaron, Sweet Sugarplum, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Butterflies Thinlits, Rhinestones, Dimensionals

8 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, what a pretty color combo - I'm keeping that one on file! All the little touches you've added combine perfectly for a really lovely card - your "textures" in the background are my fave! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Louise Sharp said...

Walking the dog and playing in the craftroom - sounds pretty darn good to me! A beautiful CASE of Steffi's card this week Christy. Thanks so much for playing along to the Global Design Project. xo

Paula Dobson said...

You have combined all three challenges beautifully Christy. I love that you made your Butterfly the main focus as Steffi did. Thanks for joining us at Global Design Project

Bibi Cameron said...

You have mixed 3 challenge in 1 wow! Thank you very much for sharing your talent with us! looking forward to see more of your beautiful creations. hugs from Scotland. x Bibi

CCsMom said...

LOVE the lacy look of the butterfly. Great color combo, too. Yeah, keep this one on file for future use.

Jaydee said...

So pretty. I love the layered butterflies and you really showcased the colors beautifully. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
jaydee

Amanda Mertz said...

It sure looks like you know how to use Sweet Sugarplum! I love this card! My collage type cards always end up looking like a hot mess but yours is balanced just right! I also like how you used the net-like stamp for the rectangle panel of our sketch! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

Very pretty, great use of the background stamps and great layering! Using a stamp as part of the sketch is great! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!