Thursday, July 21, 2016

Watercolor Pineapple

Hey, y'all.  I'm spending lots of time in the basement to hang out with my injured little boy dog, and that's also where my craft room is so you'd think I was making lots of progress on stampy projects and you'd be wrong.  The last set of scrapbook pages I worked on was from the Harry Potter studio tour, which prompted me to start an HP re-read, and that seems to be sucking up a lot of my time :)  I'm on Goblet of Fire now, Harry just finished the second task in the Triwizard Tournament.  But I managed to tear myself away long enough to make a card.


I just had to make something pineappley for the tropical challenge at Cupcake Inspirations:


And I thought maybe the color combination at the Color Throwdown would work:


I used Pear Pizzazz, Peekaboo Peach, Sweet Sugarplum, and Pool Party.  Last of all I thought I'd play along with the sketch at As You See It:


For my background panel, I scribbled on my largest acrylic block with markers, misted heavily, and stamped it on Shimmery White cardstock.  The Sweet Sugarplum was still lots darker than the Pool Party, so I used an AquaPainter to add in more blue.  I kinda wonder if my card still needs a little something extra but I don't know what.

Anyway, I'm going to head back to the basement.  Maybe this time I'll work at my craft table instead of reading...oh J.K Rowling, your books still suck me in even though I've read them all several times over.  It's still quite the tale!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Pop of Paradise, Love & Affection
Ink:  Pool Party, Sweet Sugarplum, Peekaboo Peach, Pear Pizzazz
Paper:  Pool Party, Peekaboo Peach, Shimmery White
Accessories:  corner rounder punch, Dimensionals

14 comments:

CCsMom said...

Is she coming out with more books or another movie? Seems like I hear rumblings.

I do like the pineapple. I've thought of doing a simple one in cross stitch from the same book I got the Home Sweet Home to put on the American flag picture.

I need to take a nap when I get home tonight. I do not know why I am SO SLEEPY. Love ya!!! Like your card!

Indy's Designs said...

Lovely card! So glad you were inspired by this week's tropical challenge at Cupcake Inspirations!
Debbie, DT

Birgit said...

Very cut CAS card! So glad you joined in on the fun at Cupcake Inspirations. Good luck!

Jan Clothier said...

I love the clean, restful elegance of your design. The blue card base is lovely. Thanks for joining us at As You See It.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at AYSI, good luck!!! Amy DT

cm said...

Your water-coloured pineapple makes me smile! Thank you for sharing your artistry at Cupcake Inspirations!
~carol

Unknown said...

What a lovely card! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!
Kamila DT

Barbara said...

Beautiful CAS design!! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown Challenge this week! Hope to see you again next time!

Vickie Z said...

Fun use of all the challenges!, so glad you joined us at CTD!

Heather Cooper said...

That cute pineapple gets to be the star of the show on this clean and simple creation. Thanks for contributing to our gallery at As You See It Challenges!

Wanda Cullen said...

I'm loving all the trendy pineapples growing in blog land! So glad you joined us at Color Throwdown!

Jen Carter said...

Love your watercoloring! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!

Jane Knudsen said...

What an adorable card! I am starting to fall in love with the whole pineapple theme and really enjoyed seeing this card! Fantastic job putting these challenges together! Thanks for joining us at As You See it!