Monday, May 15, 2017

Notre Dame

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  How was your weekend?  Yesterday was my first (human) Mother's Day...after all, I've been a dog mama for over a decade ;) But this was the first year I've had a tiny human child on Mother's Day.  So the hubs and Tiny Human Child made me waffles for breakfast (yum!), then I got to go get a massage and a facial (which I found out about 10 minutes before I got there!), and then the hubs and I went to see Guardians of the Galaxy 2 while Tiny Human Child entertained some friends.  Pretty awesome first human Mother's Day, I think.

Anyway, it's time for a scrapbook layout!  Coincidentally, today's pages are from our first trip to Paris, which was also a surprise to me...although this time I found out about it about a week before we left.


See the pictures up close and personal here and here (we went to Notre Dame on two different days, hence the blue, blue sky in one photo and the overcast skies in all the other pics).  I did this layout either right before or right after the Nijo Castle one, remember how I said I tend to use a color several times?  More Elegant Eggplant, right here.  I paired it with Kiwi Kiss and Cameo Coral from the Raspberry Tart DSP (one of my all-time favorite packs), and some Bordering Blue mats on the photos.


I've used the Empire Alphabet and that Eiffel Tower image from Artistic Etchings on all my Paris pages from this trip, so they all look like they go together without having to be all the same colors or anything.  And take a closer look at that patterned paper, isn't it GORGEOUS :D


As I mentioned above, today's color palette includes Elegant Eggplant, Cameo Coral, Kiwi Kiss, Bordering Blue, and Whisper White.  And the middle three colors are now all retired.  I do use a LOT of retired stash in my scrapbooks...that's why I have it, right?

Okay, Tiny Human Child is now asleep, so I'm going to do some dishes and maybe sneak down to the craft room while he naps.  I'm working on a big project right now and I've got 7 layouts left to do, but I'm getting a little unmotivated because it's a very limited color palette and I kinda wanna work on something else for a hot minute.  So maybe I'll do one layout of something else and then come back to this project...hoping to start unveiling it in the next week or two.  I WILL finish it by the end of the month!  #goals

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Empire Alphabet, Artistic Etchings, Hello Lovely
Ink:  Elegant Eggplant, Bordering Blue
Paper:  Elegant Eggplant, Bordering Blue, Whisper White, Raspberry Tart DSP
Accessories:  Lots of Labels Framelits

No comments: