Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Swanless Lake

Mornin', kids!  How's it going today?  Looks like we might actually have a sunny day here, seems like it's been raining for a week.


Alas, even with all the rain I don't have a pond with water lilies in it, but I do have a water lily stamp!  This card features three stamps from Swan Lake, and somehow I haven't used the swans on anything yet.  Hee.  I did a light watercolor wash on watercolor paper for the background, I am loving that look lately.  Then the main image is stamped on Very Vanilla and I doubled up the cardstock on that layer to make it a little sturdier.

The colors are courtesy of this week's Global Design Project color challenge:


I hope they'll forgive me for adding in some Pool Party, but my water lilies needed...water.  They also needed sparkle so I brushed on some Wink of Stella.

I also used this week's Paper Players sketch:


And that's all she wrote for today.  Have a great one, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Swan Lake
Ink:  Basic Black, Calypso Coral, Old Olive, Pool Party
Paper:  Basic Black, Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Watercolor paper
Accessories:  Tags & Labels Framelits, Dimensionals, corner rounder punch

3 comments:

laurie said...

Such a pretty Thank You card..love the soft look. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

CCsMom said...

Very pretty card.

Hot here, but we're expecting weather maybe tomorrow. We'll see. It often diverts or fizzles before it gets here.

Jaydee said...

A very pretty card. I love the stamping on the horizontal element and your pretty little water lilies. Great take on the sketch. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee