Thursday, June 15, 2017

Ahoy, Fishy

Mornin', y'all! How's it going?  I think we need to have our AC looked at.  It never seems cool enough on the top floor in this townhouse, and of course that's where the bedrooms are.  The basement though, that place sometimes feels like an icebox...

But I went on down to the basement last night after Ryan went to sleep and I made something!


Usually I craft during the day while Ryan  naps, but....well, I napped yesterday afternoon too :)  Might be why I didn't sleep well last night.  But anyway!  Still had to get inky last night.

I started with the Cupcake Inspirations challenge:


Which just fed into my recent fascination with watercolor wash backgrounds.  Paired that with this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


And the Color Throwdown:


I did the watercolor wash with Pool Party and Lemon Lime Twist, and only when it was done did I think HEY SEA and pulled out Seaside Shore.  (I used Night of Navy and Crumb Cake for the other two colors.)  I cut the circles out with the Layering Circles Framelits, cut out and popped up the fish and sentiment on Dimensionals and voila!  A fish in his own little bubble.

Well, Ryan and I got to a really exciting part of our book yesterday before he was ready for his nap, so I'm going to go pick up where we left off while he tries to get rid of his hiccups.  Seems like he gets those every morning :)  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Seaside Shore
Ink:  Pool Party, Lemon Lime Twist, Crumb Cake, Night of Navy
Paper:  Pool Party, Night of Navy, Thick Whisper White, Watercolor Paper
Accessories:  Layering Circles Framelits, Dimensionals

5 comments:

CCsMom said...

I like that! Reminds me of a scrapbook page that I did for Adam when he landed in the lake in the car!!! I like the look of the circles.

Jen Brum said...

What a great card! Love the ocean theme! The background is fabulous! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Love this! The circles worked perfectly for your sea scene! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Wendy Bellino said...

Well done, way to utilize your free time! Your beachy watercolor background is perfect. Thanks so much for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations this week! Wendy DT

Lori said...

Great design! Love your watercolor wash background. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!