Monday, June 19, 2017

Heian Shrine

Scraparrific Monday to you, peeps!  If you recall, I said on last Monday's post that I had forgotten a 5x7 photo and I just really didn't want to redo the pages.  So instead, I incorporated it into this layout, which will go right in front of that one in my book:


See the original pics here.  Sorry for the glare on that 5x7, it's been two years and I still can't find a place in this house to take reliably good pictures of scrapbook layouts.  But anyway, that was the 5x7 in question :)

This layout is a little different for me...I nevereverEVER arrange my pictures so they are flush against each other with no mat in between, but for those three pics on the left-hand page, I just COULD NOT trim even a little bit off and so there you have it.


After wanting it for YEARS, I finally bought the Headline Alphabet off eBay.  I think when it first came out, I decided that I would only get either the Letterpress Alphabet or this one, and I chose Letterpress.  Of course now I want ALLLLL the alphabets :)


Today's color palette:  Rich Razzleberry, Mint Macaron, Tangerine Tango, Basic Black, and Whisper White.  There was a LOT of Tangerine Tango in the pictures, so I only used a teensy bit of it for narrow photo mats and then of course the page title.

Well, I've got dishes to do while Ryan is asleep.  Have a great day, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Headline Alphabet, Empire Alphabet Lower, Kanji
Ink:  Tangerine Tango, Basic Black
Paper:  Rich Razzleberry, Tangerine Tango, Basic Black, Thick Whisper White, Succulent Garden DSP
Accessories:  None

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

That is really, really, really beautiful. And I do like your background paper. So appropriate. Very nice. I do like that alphabet, too. I'm of the opinion you never can have too many of those. I think that comes from when I used to have to choose fonts for headlines on the school newspaper. That was my first introduction. LOVED IT!!!