Thursday, June 22, 2017

Eggplant Splat

Hey y'all!  My blog post title today doesn't sound very pretty, but I'm rather pleased with how my card turned out :D


And it is, indeed, a splat of Elegant Eggplant ink.  I had this ink smooshing technique on the brain thanks to Brian King...this is my second attempt and at first I didn't think it was going to work, but when it dried it looked a lot better.  Oh, I stamped the inside of this card too but I didn't take a picture; it's got another flower (this time in Lemon Lime Twist) and says Happy Birthday.  My purple-loving sister-in-law's birthday is coming up soon...

I'm entering this at the CASE the Designer challenge on Global Design Project:

I kept the same basic layout, with just a bit of a patterned layer peeking out from under the white card front, and my main image is also watercolory albeit with a totally different effect.  My eggplant splat flower was inspired by Inkspirational:


SU! doesn't have a blue-violet color like that, but I thought the Elegant Eggplant looked pretty good and I LOVE it with Lemon Lime Twist.  This inspiration photo made me think of the giant flower from the retired hostess set Bloom with Hope, so I broke out the retired stamps today.  The Lemon Lime Twist layer has the retired background Bella Toile stamped on it.  Much as I love new schtuff (who doesn't?) it's fun to go back to some older stamps every once in a while.  Need to get back to doing Friday Flashbacks.

That's it for today, y'all.  I'll be back with TWO new cards tomorrow, I've already got them made and sitting on the desk :)  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Bloom with Hope, Bella Toile
Ink:  Elegant Eggplant, Lemon Lime Twist
Paper:  Elegant Eggplant, Lemon Lime Twist, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Dimensionals, hexagon punch

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

I LIKE it! And I do like the splatter effect. Very nice card. Interesting colors together!