Friday, June 9, 2017

Post Script Smiles

Happy Friday, y'all!  And it IS a happy morning, the hubs forgot we had muffins in the fridge so guess who gets to eat them now ;)

And today's card uses the OTHER new stamp that I got this week!


I love the Post Script background.  Actually SU! came out with several fantastic new background stamps that will sooner or later make their way to Snapdragonland.  Anyway, I thought the postmarks would be cute for a "miss you" type of card.  I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


Take a moment to laugh with me:  part of the reason why I've been doing watercolor washes so much lately is because I didn't have any current Designer Series Paper yet.  So I get my order with all the shiny new DSP, and the first piece I choose to use?  It's a watercolor wash.  Heh.  I almost didn't want to cut into it because I LOVE the other side of this piece too (it's jewels!) but then I reminded myself I could buy another pack on down the line if I need to.  Which I probably will.  I also picked the color combo straight from the DSP--Emerald Envy, Night of Navy, and Berry Burst.  I need to play with the new In Colors more.

Well, as soon as I finish breakfast I'm going to try reading a bit to Ryan.  We're working our way through The Son of Neptune right now and yes, I know my kid isn't even four months old yet but is it ever really too soon to introduce kids to good books?  Besides, I need to practice so I can do voices and stuff by the time he's old enough to understand what I'm reading to him anyway.  So cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Post Script, Lift Me Up
Ink:  Night of Navy, Emerald Envy, Berry Burst
Paper:  Thick Whisper White, Night of Navy, Naturally Eclectic DSP
Accessories:  Up & Away Framelits, Dimensionals

4 comments:

CCsMom said...

I really like that with the wash on the cardstock. VERY nice.

Jen Brum said...

What a great card! I love the background! So fun! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

That background stamp is the perfect addition to your sky with that great sentiment! Lovely job with the sketch!

Karren said...

Great take on the sketch! That background stamp looks gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.