Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Colorful Seasons Leaves

Hey y'all, how's it going?  I'm getting a cold.  I have a feeling the next few days will NOT be fun.  At least the hubs has Friday off of work so if I need to I can spend most of Friday sleeping? Just got to make it to Friday....

At least it's already Wednesday.  I thought for a minute it was only Tuesday.


My brother's birthday is tomorrow so I need to get this card out in the mail today.  It won't get to Texas in time, but he's been in our family long enough not to expect birthday cards and presents on time ;)  Anyway, as an Oklahoma State alum, he lurves him some orange so I started with the color challenge from Fab Friday:


I'll be honest:  I like Tangerine Tango and Pumpkin Pie separately, but I'm not a fan of them together.  I sponged the ink on the leaf stamp to make it less concentrated, so it's more subtle that the three leaves are two different colors.  And then I stamped the fancy outline leaf stamp on the card front in stamped-off Tangerine Tango on Pumpkin Pie cardstock, which turned out okay.

I also used the latest sketch from Clean & Simple Stamping:


And then I combined those two challenges with the Global Design Project CASE the Designer challenge:

I kept the orange from this card, and the linen thread (I need to order more linen thread...), and I stamped a large image on my card front though mine is a lot more subtle than the pumpkins here.  I like challenges like this because there's a lot of "scope for imagination" as Anne Shirley would say.  Though I am extremely color-driven so a lot of my CASEd cards incorporate similar colors.

Sounds like kiddo is ready to get out of his bouncer for a bit.  Hope naptime comes quickly, 'cause I want a nap too...

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Colorful Seasons, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Tangerine Tango, Pumpkin Pie, Fresh Fig
Paper:  Pumpkin Pie, Fresh Fig, Whisper White
Accessories:  Petals embossing folder, linen thread, Dimensionals

5 comments:

Heather said...

Perfect and oh so lovely - I swear this is turning into one of my most often used stamp sets - so versatile! That EF is a great background for the leaves - totally trying that! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Treva said...

Nice card, thanks for sharing.

Amanda Mertz said...

An Anne Shirley reference in a blog post about a mostly orange card gets you extra points! Love me some Anne of Green Gables! I like the subtle leaves in the background and the petals embossing! Happy b-day to your brother! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

CCsMom said...

Oh, Adam will LOVE this card. Very nice, Kik!

Natasha said...

I love this! The petals plate really adds some nice texture to the card!