Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Fear Not

So yesterday afternoon I had an idea what I wanted to do for today's card, and I was cruising through my stamps looking for a sentiment that would fit in the big maple leaf Framelit when I came across this Bible verse from Rose Wonder and all of a sudden my card turned out very different from what I had planned.


I have never made anything with this stamp before but I was compelled to ink it up yesterday.  And here is the maiden voyage of Tree Rings, which I stamped off once before stamping on the watercolor paper so it's more like the suggestion of tree rings which isn't exactly what I had planned but I think it looks okay.  And I still added a leaf from Vintage leaves, just a small one.

I was inspired by the photo at Fusion:


In general I don't like making cards with only neutrals and this one is made with ONLY Soft Suede ink on Very Vanilla and watercolor paper.

I used the Fab Friday sketch:


Just turned it on its side to accommodate the verse.

And the Cupcake Inspirations challenge is perhaps my favorite:


Though I think I need to make another card for this challenge and do LOTS of very COLORFUL leaves ;)

Looks like Ryan is waking up so I'm going to go get his bottle ready.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Rose Wonder, Tree Rings, Vintage Leaves
Ink:  Soft Suede
Paper:  Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, Watercolor Paper
Accessories:  Stitched Shapes & Leaflets Framelits, Dimensionals, pearls

8 comments:

Amanda Mertz said...

So lovely and elegant! I love the soft texture of the tree rings on the watercolor paper and the neutral palette goes really well with the verse! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

stampwithamyk said...

How pretty! I love the subtle background, it's a perfect use of the sketch. Thanks for the joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

Heather said...

Beautiful! Great use of that background stamp, and I LOVE when stampers "change the angle" on us! I love finding places to use that sentiment... Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Tanya said...

It is absolutely beautiful! I love the subtle tree rings and the neutral color 'combo'. It works really well!

CCsMom said...

Super. I do love the background stamp. When I was a little girl and they told me you could tell the age of a tree by the rings, it fascinated me. LOVE IT!!!

Lady Joyful said...

A lovely, soft Autumn card. I really love the subtle background. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

EK Gorman said...

There is something so stunning about your CAS look! It really stands out with its clean lines! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!

cm said...

The subtle tree rings background is a perfect pairing for this verse; the leaf is a wonderful special touch! So delighted to see your creativity in the FUSION gallery!
~carol