Friday, November 3, 2017

Sunflower Thoughts

Mornin', y'all!  As I type this, I'm about an hour and a half away from my appointment time to get LASIK this morning.  I feel the same way I did when I went in for my induction--scared, excited, not at all ready but we're doing this anyway!

But anyway, I made a card yesterday afternoon to share today.


I started out with this beautiful inspiration picture from Just Add Ink:


I decided to use So Saffron, Crushed Curry, and Soft Suede for the flowers, and a mix of Dapper Denim and Tempting Turquoise for the background.

Once again I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch, this time in its original orientation:


I've been having lots of fun lately with watercolor backgrounds.  They're fun but my fingers are always turning different colors, haha.  The one on this card was the second one I made with these colors; the first one was a lot darker and more vibrant but I kinda wanted a softer feel.  And then I used sponges to ink up the flower stamps to match the softness of the background.  Maybe I'll make another card with that other darker background so you can see the difference.  Oh yeah, I almost forgot--I stamped the background with the dragonfly from Touches of Texture, but it's so light you can hardly see it even IRL.  I think it kinda adds to the dreamy effect of the card though.

Kiddo is up and eating his breakfast, and we're heading out the door in about a half an hour for my appointment to get my eyeballs lasered.  Wish me luck!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Painted Harvest, Hug in a Mug, Touches of Texture
Ink:  Dapper Denim, Tempting Turquoise, So Saffron, Crushed Curry, Soft Suede
Paper:  Dapper Denim, Thick Whisper White, Watercolor paper
Accessories:  Stitched Shapes Framelits, Dimensionals, Glitter Enamel Shapes

6 comments:

CCsMom said...

It'll go great, I am sure. LOVE the card. Beautiful. Wish I was there to help Lee ride herd on that little boisterous boy of yours!!! Love you!

Jen Brum said...

Beautiful card! I love those sunflowers! They are so pretty! What a beautiful sentiment as well! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Perfect combo of challenges! Great colors.....and pretty fall flowers! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Jan said...

Such soft and pretty flowers, Christy and I love how your inky background makes the colours pop! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

KimB said...

This does have a really lovely soft dreamy feel Christy! I spotted the dragonflies love the subtle detail they add! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Anonymous said...

You have captured the soft water colour effect perfectly. It's a lovely contrast against boldness of the card. Chantell Just Add Ink