Sunday, November 26, 2017

Just One More

Okay y'all, I think this is at least the third time I've made "one last fall card".  But I love fall cards!


I also love Lighthearted Leaves, which was in the Holiday catalog two years ago and sadly didn't carry over but I still love it and it has a permanent home in my stamp collection.  I discovered while working on this card that I have only a teeny tiny bit of clear embossing powder left, oops, but I had just enough to emboss both of the leaves so that I could watercolor them without the outlines running.

So check out this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


Which I paired with the Color Throwdown:


I used So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, and Chocolate Chip for my colors, plus Very Vanilla as the neutral.  At first I started out with a Very Vanilla card base, but that didn't look quite right and So Saffron wasn't doing it for me either, so in the end I went with Chocolate Chip and I think that was the right answer.

The current Retro Rubber Challenge is easy peasy for the holidays:


As I said above, my stamps are two years old.  We had friends drive down from upstate New York for Thanksgiving, and they left yesterday morning so I plan to send this card to them to say thank you for driving down here to spend the holiday with us.  We had a FABULOUS time and made way too much food (and ATE way too much food) and it was just awesome.

So maybe this really IS the last fall card for this year, but I won't make any promises ;)  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Lighthearted Leaves
Ink:  Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie
Cardstock:  Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Very Vanilla, Pumpkin Pie DSP
Accessories:  Leaflets Framelits, Dimensionals, Clear EP

7 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

Lovely water-colouring -it must be quite fiddly, even with embossed outlines. The leaves are fabulous and I see why you like them so much. The colours you've chosen for the rest of the card bring out their beauty. Thanks for joining us again at Retro Rubber Challenges, Christy.

Broni said...

What beautiful leaves!!! Thank for joining us at The Color Throwdown!

Debbie Mageed said...

Christy, this is beautiful! I love this stamp set and haven't let it go yet. Your watercoloring (blender pen or aqua pen?) was perfectly done. Thank you for playing with us at Retro Rubber and hope you will be back in our gallery again soon.

Amy O said...

These leaves are beautiful, and I never tire of Fall. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

What wonderful coloring on these leaves! Just so pretty. Glad to see you this week at FMS!

Claire Grantham said...

This is gorgeous, I love the leaf stamps and your colouring is lovely. I love Fall cards too, I might spam my people next year with Fall cards ;) Thanks for joining us again at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

Neva Cole said...

What a great set of leaf images! You've done a beautiful job of coloring them as well! Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber!