Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Going Green

Mornin', y'all!  I can't believe it's the last week of March already.  Yesterday I did an SU! order so I could get some of the newer Sale-a-Bration offerings...I can't wait to get my hands on the Painted Seasons paper and matching stamp set :D  But in the meantime, I pulled out some stamps I got last summer when the current catalog was first introduced.


Shaded Spruce, how do I love thee?  Let me count the ways!  Green is my favorite color, and Shaded Spruce is a particularly beautiful shade of green.  In our last house, we painted the computer room a similar color, and it had a white chair rail and white beadboard on the bottom half so the green wasn't oppressive.  I loved it. 

Anyway, today's card started with the Fab Friday sketch:


Love it, love it.  And then I couldn't resist the color challenge from As You See It:


I managed to resist using the Tropical Escape DSP and went with the beautiful Nature's Poem instead.  And I love Granny Apple Green, but I didn't want to to get too loud and overpower the other colors, so I just did a bit of watercoloring with it on my die-cut leaves.  Pretty pleased with how this turned out and happily for me it didn't take long at all to do.

That's it for me today, peeps.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Rooted in Nature
Ink:  Shaded Spruce, Granny Apple Green
Paper:  Shaded Spruce, Soft Suede, Thick Whisper White, Nature's Poem DSP
Accessories:  Nature's Roots Framelits, Dimensionals

6 comments:

Heather said...

So pretty, Christy! I love your details leaves in the two greens - so much pop! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Jan Clothier said...

This stamp set is my favourite from the annual catalogue and you've done it proud here. I especially like the two-tone leaves. Such pretty DSP too. Thanks for playing along with us at As You See It, Christy.

LeAnne said...

This is GORGEOUS! Perfect DSP for your sentiment and pretty leaves! Love it! Thanks for sharing this with us at the AYSI challenge this week!

Heather Cooper said...

Christy, I love the strong frame in Shaded Spruce and the way it gives definition to the smaller designs in the body of the card.! Thanks for joining us as As You See It Challenges this week!

stampwithamyk said...

Pretty color scheme, perfect with the leaves! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

Amanda Mertz said...

Lovely! This card has such a calming nature feel to it! I love the combo of paper and colors. The amount Granny Apple Green is just right! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!