Thursday, March 28, 2019

Safari Duo

Mornin', kids!  My little one took an extra-long nap yesterday so I actually got cards made for both today and tomorrow, which means I can use naptime for scrapbooking today, woo!  In the meantime, I am quite fond of the card I made for today.


I got the Animal Outing bundle when I did a big order for my birthday back in January, and this is the first card I've made with it.  Don't know what took me so long!  I adore this giraffe and frog duo, whom I colored in with a combination of watercoloring with an Aquapainter and coloring with Crumb Cake Stampin' Blends, which gave me a couple of values of Crumb Cake for my giraffe with little effort on my part.  I chose three patterns from the coordinating Animal Expedition DSP.  The sentiment is from a My Paper Pumpkin kit from earlier this year that coordinated with the Animal Outing bundle, I just had to get that one :)

It's this week's Global Design Project sketch that finally prompted me to get these stamps inked up:


I know it says "sentiment" but I thought that horizontal strip was just the perfect place to put the frog and his branch.

Just a reminder that there's still a bit of time to play along with the coloring challenge at SUO Challenges!


Y'all have a good day, peeps.  I'm actually going to my barre class for the first time in six weeks!  Seems like life has been working against me getting to the gym on Thursday for some reason.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Animal Outing, coordinating MPP stamps
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Crumb Cake, Lemon Lime Twist, Call Me Clover, Crumb Cake Stampin' Blends
Paper:  Pool Party, Thick Whisper White, Animal Expedition DSP
Accessories:  Animal Friends Framelits, Mini Dimensionals

No comments: