Monday, March 18, 2019

Vader

Hi, y'all.  It's been a while.  I haven't felt like getting in my craft room at all for the last several weeks because our dog Vader died three weeks ago.  He would usually follow me in to my craft room and lay down in there while I worked--mostly right behind my chair so I couldn't move :)  He got sick the week before we left for our Disney cruise, and we boarded him at the vet's office, hoping that he'd make it to at least when we got back, but he died while we were gone.  I'm having a hard time with it.


Last year I decided to make a concerted effort to scrap my older pictures, particularly the ones from before we moved to Okinawa, so from 2003 to 2007, and these two pictures are from the day we adopted Vader, Easter weekend of 2007.  He was 15 months old and had spent 12 of those months living at the Humane Society before he joined our family.  We brought Sadie up to the Humane Society to "interview" prospective playmates for her and Vader was the best fit, but he acted totally crazy so we really wondered what we were getting ourselves into--but the hubs and I figured that if we didn't take him, no one else would.  One of the best decisions we ever made.  Vader turned out to be a pretty laid-back dog...I mean, he'd get the zoomies in the yard when he was young, but for the most part he wanted to make us happy and just be close to us, like right behind my chair in the craft room, or right in front of the couch, or generally just within three feet of us.

I can't think of any other instance where I've done a two-page layout with just two pictures, but those were the only two from Vader's adoption day so I just went with it.  When my dog Chewie died in 2006, I realized that I didn't have a whole lot of pictures of him so over the years I've tried to take lots of pictures of Sadie and Vader.  I've scrapped a lot of their pictures, but it's going to be a little harder for me to do that now that Vader is gone.  Some part of my brain keeps trying to convince me that he's just snoozing in a different room or something.

Miss you, buddy.  15 January 2006 - 24 February 2019


Today's color palette:  Baja Breeze (my all-time favorite SU color), Not Quite Navy, Ruby Red, River Rock, and Whisper White.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Headline Alphabet
Ink:  Not Quite Navy, Whisper White
Paper:  Baja Breeze textured, Night of Navy, Ruby Red, River Rock cardstock & DSP, Western Star DSP
Accessories:  Stars Collection Framelits