Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Stained Glass Butterfly

Hey y'all!  I finally got in my craft room on Sunday afternoon and made a card to share today because it's SUO Challenges day!


This week's challenge was all about coloring.  Well, it had been long enough since I last stamped that for a while I just sat in my chair and stared at everything, wondering what on earth to make.  Then I thought of the Stampin' Blends markers and pretty soon I was humming along and I made this:


I only used one ink pad (Memento Tuxedo Black) for this card, and both the light and dark Blends in Shaded Spruce, Mango Melody, Blackberry Bliss, and Flirty Flamingo.  I colored each section of the butterfly with the light marker, went around the edges of the area with the dark one, and then used the color lifter on the middle and this is what I got.  I fussy-cut the butterfly, popped up the wings (the center of the butterfly is glued to the card front), and then I went over the black outlines with some Wink of Stella because why not.

Hope you'll hop on over to the SUO Challenges blog to see what the rest of the design team has made, and then take on the challenge yourself.  Have fun!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Beautiful Day, Butterfly Gala
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Blends in Shaded Spruce, Mango Melody, Blackberry Bliss, and Flirty Flamingo, Color Lifter
Paper:  Flirty Flamingo, Mango Melody, Thick Whisper White, Tropical Escape DSP
Accessories:  Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

No comments: