Tuesday, July 9, 2019

SUO Challenges: CASE

Good morning, stampers!  It is time once more for a new challenge at SUO Challenges!


This time, we're CASE-ing a card from the catalog!  Did this cute dino card on page 98 catch your eye like it did mine?


I love it.  I love the Dino Days stamp set and the coordinating DSP, but for my card I decided to use a different suite that I love:  Free as a Bird!  I used the stamp set, the coordinating Stitched Nested Labels Dies, and the Bird Ballad DSP to make this:


I wasn't quite sure how I wanted to color in my birdies, so I took some inspiration from another sheet of the Bird Ballad DSP and by following that as a template it looks like I actually knew what I was doing when I colored in my birds!  Amazing ;)  I used almost all Stampin' Blends; I don't have Old Olive and Calypso Coral (YET) but my collection is growing.

We hope you'll play along with this new challenge!  If you're curious, I made my paper strips for the background 3/4" tall and 5" wide, so there's a 1/4" border between each strip and on the edges of the card.  My main image panel is I think 2 1/2" wide by 4 1/4" tall.  Just in case the measurements help :)  Don't forget to upload your new card to the SUO Challenges blog!

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Free as a Bird
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Old Olive, Calypso Coral, Stampin' Blends in Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight, Petal Pink, Smoky Slate, and Pool Party
Paper:  Petal Pink, Pool Party, Thick Whisper White, Bird Ballad DSP
Accessories:  Nested Stitched Labels dies, Dimensionals, Basics Self-Adhesive Sequins

No comments: