Friday, June 17, 2022

Fishy Thoughts

Happy Friday y'all!  We're going to be hitting the road this morning for a road trip to the Netherlands, but before that, I have a card to share.  Take a peek:


I busted out some retired stamps for this one, what do you think?  I had fish on the brain thanks to the inspiration picture from the Color Throwdown:


I used Tangerine Tango, Blushing Bride, and Coastal Cabana as my colors, though maybe I should have done Tahitian Tide but I didn't think of it when I was up in my craft room.  For the background layer, I smooshed (it's a technical term) my ink pad on my largest acrylic block, spritzed it with water, and then smooshed that on a piece of white cardstock.  That gave me a subtle color variation and looked nice and watery once I dried it out with a heat tool.

Check out the latest sketch from CAS Colours & Sketches:


That Stitched Nested Labels die was the closest shape I had to a hexagon, and the longer shape worked with the sentiment I chose to go with it.

That's it for me, peeps.  See you on Sunday for a new Paper Players challenge!

Supplies, all SU! (some retired)
Stamps:  Ocean Commotion, Perfect Pennants
Ink:  Coastal Cabana, Starry Sky, Tangerine Tango, Blushing Bride
Paper:  Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Stitched Nested Labels, Dimensionals, Polished Dots

3 comments:

Lori said...

Great design! Love how you took cues from the inspiration photo and the colors for your card. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

samantha's cards said...

Such a delightfully fun summer card. Thanks for joining us at CC&S.

Shannon Lorenz-Hatch said...

Love your watery background - always a big fan of the "smooshing" technique. I like the colors you went with, I feel like I would have gone with Coastal Cabana as well - Tahitian Tide isn't the right blue, always go with the gut I say. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at CC&S