Sunday, June 5, 2022

Paper Players Taco 'Bout Food & Drink

It's a rainy Sunday here in southern Germany, but that won't stop the fun at the Paper Players!  Check out the latest challenge from Anne Marie:


I have LOTS of stamps that fit this theme and I bet you do too.  Honestly, I had a card all made and ready to go for this challenge, I really like it and it uses a brand new stamp set, and then I found a retired stamp set when I was looking for something else and this happened:



Y'all know I love a good pun, so of course I bought Witty-cisms ;)  I just could not resist making a card with this cute taco (who knew tacos could be cute?!).  I swear that Sunshine & Rainbows DSP stack from the last Sale-a-Bration is the paper that just keeps giving--those two patterns make me think of Taco Bell, haha!  That is hands down Ryan's favorite place to eat out.  The Just Add Ink sketch was perfect for this awesome taco:


So what about the first card I made for this challenge?  Well, it fits the requirements for a future challenge so I'm holding onto it until then.  I have enough food and drink stamps that I could probably make cards for several weeks without repeating a stamp.  Have fun with the challenge and don't forget to link up at the Paper Players blog!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Witty-cisms
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Blends in Mango Melody, Granny Apple Green, Pool Party
Paper:  Pool Party, Mango Melody, Thick Basic White, Sunshine & Rainbows DSP Stack
Accessories:  Stylish Shapes dies, Artistry Blooms sequins, Dimensionals

The Paper Players Design Team

Cindy Beach

Christy Stanford <-- You are here : )



11 comments:

LeAnne said...

I just love this...now why didn't I get that stamp set, it IS so cute! Love how you used the sketch too!

Jennie Maier said...

Christy, this is just so cute! Love that little taco and you're so right with the Taco Bell reminder, lol! Great job with the theme. Have a great week!

Ann Schach said...

Adorable, Christy!I remember this set, and thinking how cute the taco was. Oh my gosh...these are the perfect paper choices. They definitely have a Taco Bell vibe. I can't wait 'til Taco Tuesday! Have a wonderful week!

Chantell Randall said...

Such a fun card - fun papers, fun image and fun sentiment. Chantell Just Add Ink

Ida said...

That little taco image is so cute! Love the bright colors of patterned paper you used to help show it off.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I loved this set too - and kept it, I mean when it makes awesome cards like this why would you?! Can't beat a punny sentiment and I love your Mexican fiesta-style paper choices too. Great card Christy!

Claire Broadwater said...

I am always in for a taco! This is so fun! Your mix of bright colors makes a fabulous background, too! SMILE!

Joanne Stubbings said...

Love the cute mix of papers and sentiment! Great job! Thanks for joining our challenge this week! Joanne JAI

Cindy Beach said...

Christy, you are so right about those papers, they give this card such a festive feel. Love it! Great take on the sketch too.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Two things that always make me happy...a punny sentiment and tacos! Haha! This is soooo cute and I love the bright and cheery colors you used. Thanks for having fun with my challenge this week. Hugs!

Jaydee said...

Oh, now that's punny... I mean funny! It made me LOL. Love how you combined the DSPs, too.
Hugs
jaydee