Thursday, October 6, 2022

Definitely Haunted

Hey y'all!  Got some time in my craft room yesterday so...


Yeah, it's definitely haunted.  Sorry the colors are a bit wonky, I couldn't get it any better than this :p  This card is unusual for me in that I used ZERO stamps on the card front.  So I had to stamp a sentiment on the inside:


I got the idea to play around with the Scary Silhouettes dies when I saw this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


I think my card qualifies for the Global Design Project theme challenge:

And I used the unusual color combo from Hand Stamped Sentiments:


Not gonna lie, I would never have put those colors together on my own, but I did end up liking the card I made with them.  I sponged Starry Sky ink on Pool Party cardstock to make the backdrop for my totally haunted house, and the only wee bit of Pumpkin Pie is in the windows of the house.

That's it for me today, peeps.  Scary on!  I think I might have to watch Hocus Pocus 2 again...

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Scary Cute
Ink:  Starry Sky, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Starry Sky, Pool Party, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Pool Party DSP
Accessories:  Scary Silhouettes dies, Dimensionals

7 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love this one too - what a great way to use those colours! I would not have thought of Halloween, but they are perfect!

Heather said...

Brilliant, Christy! What a perfect spooky house "medallion," lol. Great use of our colors, too, of course! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Stampin Expressions said...

Wow this card is stunning! I love the texture from sponging the background rather than ink blending it. Gives so much more interest! I love the way that you used the colors from the challenge, just right amount of each! Thanks for joining the hand stamped sentiments challenge this week!

LeAnne said...

Christy, this card is awesome! I just love that spooky sky! What a great way to use those colors! CLEVER!

Linda Callahan said...

Totally fun for Halloween! The deep blue background is perfect with the die cut! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Cécile RIBON said...

What a lovely Halloween card! This haunted castle is super sweet. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Jolanda Johnstone said...

Christ, a super way to create with these colors. Loving the Haunted House! So glad you joined us at HSS this round. Cheers, Jolanda - DT