Friday, October 21, 2022

Eyeball Booquet

Happy Fri-YAY, y'all!  I still have Halloween on the brain so I'm back with yet another Best Fiends card.


I checked my archives and poor Vlad here hasn't been featured as often as Frankie or Agnes, so he's in the spotlight today.  Also somehow it doesn't show up at all in the photo, but I used the Shimmer Black embossing powder for the sentiment so in person it's *very* sparkly.  I also outlined the images with the lighter Smoky Slate Blends marker and used the color lifter to soften the edges; that doesn't show up as much in the photo either.

I used the sketch and theme from Try Stampin' on Tuesday:


And the color combo from Global Design Project:


Yeah those colors don't exactly scream Halloween, do they?  Just got to be creative I guess ; )

Last up is the theme from Cupcake Inspirations:


Though you know what?  Those cute cupcakes remind me of another Halloween stamp set that I haven't inked up yet this year...good thing I've got ten more days to make Halloween cards!

Trick or treat, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Best Fiends, Just Between Fiends
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Stampin' Blends in Petal Pink, Sweet Sorbet, Soft Succulent, Crumb Cake, Smoky Slate
Paper:  Petal Pink, Sweet Sorbet,  Thick Basic White, Soft Succulent DSP
Accessories:  Stylish Shapes dies, Shimmery Black EP, Dimensionals

8 comments:

Nora Noll said...

What a cute card!! I LOVE your coloring. That sentiment rocks!! Thank you for joining us at the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!!

Nora
CIC DT Member

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Just the right amount of spooky - love that bouquet! A clever and unusual way to feature these colours too.

Donna Scholz said...

Christy, I love Vlad and his booquet! Great job coloring him, and matching his vest to the background paper you chose!! Thank you for sharing him and your creativity with us again at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna

Heather said...

Dang, this was a great set - perfect, Christy! Your spooky color choices are awesome, too, lol. Thanks so much for playing at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!

Tanya said...

This is really cute!! I love the non-traditional colors and the outline in the smoky slate! It looks great!

Sweta Changela said...

Spooktacular card!! Thank you for joining us over at Cupcake Inspirations. We hope you'll visit us again soon!

Best,
Sweta
CIC DT

libbystamps said...

Whoa! Such a wonderful card! Thank you for joining Try Stampin' on Tuesday for Challenge 579. Great take on the sketch!

Quillish said...

OOhh.. this is so spooky! Great coloring and use of sketch. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations challenge, with this fun card. Hugs ~ Ishani.