Friday, October 7, 2022

Hey Sugar (Skull)

So I've been making cards for my friend Beth for *months* and recently she asked if I could make a Dia de los Muertos card.  Well, I had to do a bit of hunting around for stamps and/or dies, and then it took a while to figure out what to do, but Beth is getting her sugar skull in the mail soon:


What do you think?  When I saw the color challenge from Cupcake Inspirations, the Pop of Pink DSP popped into my head and I thought it would work for a sugar skull card.


And I paired that with the sketch from Try Stampin' on Tuesday:


I ended up putting a thin white border around various elements of the sketch because it just didn't look quite right without.  Hope Beth likes it!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Hero Arts
Ink:  VersaMark
Paper:  Melon Mambo, Basic Black, Thick Basic White, Pop of Pink DSP
Accessories:  Stylish Shapes dies, Layering Circles dies, white EP, Black EP, Dimensionals

8 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is not my kind of thing at all, but I love it Christy - yay for pink!

Heather said...

Ha! Love this, Christy! What a great skull, so perfect in hot pink and black! Beautiful! Thanks so much for playing at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!

Donna Scholz said...

Great Sugar Skull card, Christy! Beth will love it!! Great interpretation of our Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch, too!!! -Donna

Donna Scholz said...

Christy, what a great sugar skull card you've created! I'm sure Beth will LOVE it!! Thank you for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday and sharing your creative talents once again with us!!! -Donna

Nora Noll said...

I LOVE what you did!! That skull rocks and the heart paper is fabulous. Thanks for joining us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

Quillish said...

Wow.. I love the cool skull and the way you used the colors challenge. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations :) Hugs ~ Ishani

libbystamps said...

What a totally cool card! I love everything about this card. The colors, the reference - all just awesome. Thank you for joining Challenge #577 at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!

Anna said...

What a cute card. I love the color scheme and the wonderful sugar skull! Thank you for joining us for this challenge at Try Stampin' on Tuesday and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Anna, TSOT Design Team