Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Kuzcooooo!

Boom, baby!


I made this card for my friend Krissy's birthday, because she loves Emperor's New Groove as much as I do and how fun is that Kuzco stamp!  I stamped Boom, Baby! tone-on-tone on the Pineapple Punch square, and I'll put a birthday sentiment on the inside.  I started this card yesterday when I happened to be wearing an Yzma shirt : )

Lucky for me, the current color challenge at Cupcake Inspirations has the perfect Kuzco color palette:


I chose Tahitian Tide, Poppy Parade, and the retired Pineapple Punch for my colors.

And I used the Paper Players sketch:


I rarely buy ribbon anymore because I just don't use it very often, and upon diving into my ribbon stash (which is still large enough to be spread over three photo boxes), I discovered I didn't have any ribbon in the colors I used from the color challenge above, so I settled for a black 3/8" taffeta.  That's my favorite ribbon that SU! has ever come out with, and I still have it in probably twenty colors.

I'm off to either work on my to-do list or take a nap.  It's a toss-up.  Boom, baby!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Boom, Baby! from Ink Road Stamps
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Pineapple Punch, Stampin' Blends in neutrals, Pineapple Punch, Tahitian Tide, Poppy Parade, Cherry Cobbler
Paper:  Tahitian Tide, Pineapple Punch, Thick Basic White, Poppy Parade DSP
Accessories:  Mini dimensionals, black 3/8" taffeta ribbon

5 comments:

Ann Schach said...

What a fun card, Christy! These colors are so cheery. I LOVE how you stamped Boom, Baby! on the Pineapple Punch square...and your coloring of the image is perfect! Great job!!!

Tarabeth Stamps said...

Super cute card! I love the colors! Thanks for playing over at The Paper Players Challenge

LeAnne said...

Great card for your friend, and the black ribbon accents those bright colors perfectly! Thanks for playing with my sketch this week at the Players!

Kelly Parker said...

I love your card!! Thank you for playing at Cupcake Inspirations!

Nora Noll said...

This is so fun!! I love the polka dot paper. You rocked with the colors!! Great design. Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

Nora
DT Member
Cupcake Inspirations