Friday, August 25, 2023

Sea Turtle Salutation

Mornin' y'all!  After spending two days at home not feeling well, Ryan is back at school today, hurrah!  Unfortunately now I'm under the weather.  Might be moving a bit more slowly today, but I still have things to do.  But first, a card!


Sea Turtle is another stamp set I got in the recent one-day stamp sale.  I thought the larger sea turtle image would be perfect for the 600th Freshly Made Sketch:


Congrats to the Freshly Made Sketches team for making it to #600, that's amazing!  As is my custom, I paired the sketch with the Color Throwdown:


I used Smoky Slate (on the sentiment, I didn't use a lot I know), Lost Lagoon, and Garden Green for the colors.  I started this card last night while Ryan was in the tub, really all I got done was stamping the turtle and the sentiment.  I got up this morning and saw the theme at As You See It:


And my sea turtle fits the theme, serendipity!  One of my favorite ever beach experiences was when the hubs and I were visiting Hawaii, we were driving around and happened to stop at a beach to take some pictures, and we discovered that there were two or three giant sea turtles enjoying the beach as well.  We stayed back a respectful distance (I think there were people there from a wildlife conservation group to ensure the turtles' well-being) but we got some really great pictures of them with our zoom lens.  I think that experience is only trumped by the time that hubs and I were walking along a beach in Florida and that's where he proposed : )

Hope your day is beachy keen!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Sea Turtle, Inked & Tiled
Ink:  Garden Green, Lost Lagoon, Smoky Slate
Paper:  Lost Lagoon, Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Mini Dimensionals, Polished Dots

8 comments:

Heather said...

Just perfect, Christy - such a great combo of challenges, you pulled them all off perfectly! Love your turtle, and his background - so smart! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

Jane Knudsen said...

Love this Christy! These colors are gorgeous and the more I see this turtle stamp the more I need it! Great combination of challenges ending with a top notch card! Thanks for playing along with us at As You See It!

Jan Clothier said...

Simple and sweet, Christy! That turtle is fantastic. Funny how sick kids so often leads to sick parent - but noone brings you hot drinks and cuddly blankets. :-)

Lori said...

Perfect way to use these colors! Love the bubbly background behind the sea turtle image. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Amy O said...

I love this fabulous turtle! And I love how you've used the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches for this milestone challenge!

Deborah Wheeler said...

Love this card Christy - you did a great job in combining these challenges and I'm so glad you joined us at As You See It. What wonderful memeories of your beach trip in Hawaii!

Linda Callahan said...

The sea turtle is perfect for the sketch! Great card! Glad you shared it at FMS! - hope you are feeling better!

Jen Timko said...

This sea turtle is fantastic. I especially love it for the sketch. Thank you so much for joining our 600th sketch celebration at FMS!