Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Rosy Maple Moth

Hey y'all!  I told my hubs I feel like I've got the house about 90% unpacked and organized, but that last 10% might be the hardest bit.  I try to do at least a couple of things every day so I know I'm making progress, but I'm also building in some time to decompress because this has been A LOT.  So I took a bit of time and made a card!


This is for the CAS challenge from the Paper Players:


And the sketch from Sunday Stamps:


Both fun challenges!  I have several options for buggy stamps but I couldn't resist the moths from Night of Flight.  The sentiment is from Softly Sketched and continues with "how amazing you really are" on the inside of the card (that's another set I got during the one-day stamp sale).  Ever since I got Night of Flight, I've seen several pictures of different very cool moths, like this one:


So my moth was inspired by a real-life Rosy Maple Moth, isn't it pretty?  I didn't know moths came in a pink and yellow color scheme : ) I screen-shot a couple of different pictures of the moth from the National Park Service, and I highly recommend you give them a follow on Facebook.  Their social media team is on point and frequently hilarious : )

That's it for me today.  I started writing this post last night, and then the kiddo said his stomach was upset and we spent a lot of last night with him throwing up, poor kid.  So it's going to be a sit-at-home kind of day today.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Night of Flight, Softly Sketched
Ink:  Night of Navy, Bubble Bath, Stampin' Blends in Lemon Lolly & Bubble Bath
Paper:  Night of Navy, Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Stylish Shapes dies, Mini Dimensionals, retired In Color rhinestones in Pale Papaya

4 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, Christy, what a stunner! That's an amazing moth, you did a great job on that cutie - love the little bug lesson, too, lol. Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Christy! Your Rosy Maple Moth is stunning against the Night of Navy background. I am so glad you shared it at The Paper Players. Thank you for playing in my clean and simple challenge this week!

Jaydee said...

Christy, your choice of colors is perfect to showcase that gorgeous moth. CAS perfection. So glad you shared this with us at The Paper Players this week
jaydee

dj said...

Fantastic navy blue card...that dark background really makes your moth pop!! Thanks for playing along with our "In the Corner" sketch challenge over at Sunday Stamps!! Deb Horst, DT. #SSC316