Tuesday, August 1, 2023

SUO Challenges: Gettin' Fancy

Happy August, y'all!  Not gonna lie, I'm looking forward to school starting so Ryan is occupied for a while each day and I'll have some time to stamp.  I have a big project in mind that I'm itching to get started on.  But for right this minute, we have a new challenge at SUO Challenges!


This time it's all about fancy folds.  Umm, I'm pretty much allergic to making 3D items and nonstandard folds, so this is definitely a challenge for me!  After looking through alllllll the tutorials on Splitcoast, I finally decided that the Twist Gate Fold might be doable, and here's what I made:


Thanks to Dawn's awesome tutorial, I was able to put this card together with no trouble at all!  So here's what it looks like unfolded:


Cute, right?  And if you angle it right, it should still fit in a standard envelope.  And once again I used the Bright & Beautiful DSP stack...hey, I was making a whole bunch of design team cards back in April, trying to make them with all current products, and Bright & Beautiful is what I had at the time for DSP.  (And Countryside Inn, but I think Bright & Beautiful is a bit more flexible.)

Hope you'll give the fancy fold of your choice a try and post your creation on the SUO Challenges blog.  Hey, if I can do it, you definitely can do it!  If you're like me and not real comfortable with fancy folds, I'd recommend taking a look at the tutorials on Splitcoast for a starting point.  Or ask my old pal Google for ideas.  Have fun!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Playing in the Rain
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Berry Burst, Stampin' Blends in Gray Granite & Bubble Bath
Paper:  Berry Burst, Thick Basic White, Bright & Beautiful DSP Stack
Accessories:  Playing in the Rain dies, Stylish Shapes dies, Dimensionals

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Your card is so happy! Love that Berry Burst and the confetti!
I'm with you tho, fun folds are not exactly "fun" for me....hmmm