Thursday, November 1, 2012

A Harvest of Apples

A few weeks ago, I was talking to my friend Missy and she said she'd gotten an old SU stamp set with a jar image in it when she first started stamping and then never ever used it again.  Then we both said we would not be getting Perfectly Preserved from the holiday catalog.


Oops.

Stampin' Up!'s powers of psychic resonance are just too strong.  C'mon, it coordinates with the Orchard Harvest DSP, so I had to get it!  Right?

I tried to resist, really I did.

This card is based on Freshly Made Sketches #59.  I didn't realize until just a minute ago that yesterday's Halloween card uses an almost identical layout...I actually stamped that other card two years ago : )  Just so happens everything on it is still current except the ribbon, but we already talked about that.

 Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies (all SU):
Stamps:  Perfectly Preserved
Ink:  Raspberry Ripple, Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo
Paper:  Early Espresso, Raspberry Ripple, Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo, Very Vanilla, Orchard Harvest DSP
Accessories:  Cannery Framelits, postage stamp punch, Raspberry Ripple stitched satin ribbon

5 comments:

Thoughts by B and M said...

Aw man! You caved ;) Sigh - as long as you don't use the "jar" too much :) hehe...that's what's always hard for me!

Thoughts by B and M said...

Aw man, you caved! uh huh! whatever...hehe j/k card looks great though - and it does go well with the DSP!

Narelle Farrugia said...

lol… I'm resisting that set, so far so good! I do love your card though - love the three apples and one flower and those gorgeous DSPs! thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Linda Suarez said...

Just perfect for this sketch Christy! I love those images and patterned papers! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Cindy Hall said...

This is a really great card! I love the colors and papers you chose. Thanks for playing with my sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches!