Friday, November 23, 2012

Friday Flashback: Festive Favorites

We're kicking off a Christmas card bonanza with a fun retired set, Festive Favorites.  Let's do the time warp and see what I made when this stamp set was new:


This was a card I made for one of my very first stamp club meetings way back in the day (like, 2006).  The sentiment is stamped on the inside and I used the Word Window punch so that just "magical moments" showed through.  The background is stamped with Snow Flurries, which was a tiny little set that I totally loved. 


For Christmas 2007, my dad asked me to make some cards to go with gifts for his coworkers, so here's what I did.  I like the color block look and I still have quite a bit of that Dashing DSP.


More color blocking, and a wrapped Hershey bar with a poem on the back about "homemade" fudge (you can see the poem here).


And here's today's brand new card.  Dangit, I meant to add some Dazzling Details to the snow but I forgot!  Oh well, too late now.  These three images were originally supposed to be all on one block, but like a lot of people when I bought the stamp set, I cut the images apart and used them as three separate stamps because it's more versatile that way.  And it takes a LONG time to color in all those teeny tiny spaces when you do all three.  I kind of wanted to have some ribbon on this but the image was too wide for that to work where I wanted it, so this card is totally mailable (our postmaster is super picky).

Thanks for stopping by today, and I hope you enjoyed this festive Friday Flashback!

Stamps:  Festive Favorites (retired)
Ink:  Early Espresso plus a whole bunch more for coloring
Paper:  Baja Breeze, Real Red, Early Espresso, Whisper White, Candy Cane Christmas DSP (retired)
Accessories:  Dimensionals

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great "flashback" cards. I think I have this set. This gives me ideas ;o)
Keep em coming!!

janice