Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Wonderfall Thanksgiving

I am somewhat amazed that I got a card made today at all, it's been a rough evening.  If I were a wine drinker, tonight would definitely be the night for it.  But I did get this card made today.


The sentiment is a little bit crooked, even though I used a SAMJ.  I'm just that special.  But this card will be going to a guy, and 99.999% of the guys I know wouldn't notice a crooked sentiment.  The only ribbon I have in any of these colors is some retired More Mustard grosgrain, and that stuff is hard to tie so no wonder it's retired.  Well, I have some Midnight Muse ribbon, but this needed some Mustard on that side of the card.  I'm wondering if maybe I should have make the Crumb Cake the left-most layer and done the Midnight Muse in the middle, hmm.

This is for two challenges, Fab Friday #6...


I had a tough time working the Crumb Cake in there, I think I like three colors for cards.  I slightly adapted Retro Sketch #37...


I made it a regular size card instead of square and did torn edges instead of scallops as depicted in the sketch, but still pretty darned faithful to it.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies (all SU):
Stamps:  Wonderfall, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Cajun Craze, Midnight Muse
Paper:  Cajun Craze, Midnight Muse, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Orchard Harvest DSP
Accessories:  Autumn Accents Bigz die, corner rounder punch, More Mustard grosgrain (retired)

6 comments:

Marla Reed said...

Wonderful fall card and I love it just the way it is. I do that too though. I almost always look at a finished card and wonder if I should have done something differently. We definitely need more ribbon in fall colors. I love the gingham DSP behind your flower. Great combination of the two challenges. Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

Vicki Burns said...

Love it!

Unfortunately, I ran out of time to make Thanksgiving cards. I tried. I really did. Somehow life got in the way. (I'll email you ASAP.)

Patrice said...

Great card - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/11/52-card-pickup-week-46.html

Amanda Mertz said...

I like your torn edges in lieu of the scallops from the sketch...works better for a guy card! Well done using up your stash of retired ribbon; I wish I could say the same for myself!! Thanks for sharing with us at Fab Friday!

Pam Steckman said...

This is a classy card.... the torn paper gives it that bit of "more"! Thanks so much for joining us at Fab Friday!

Laurie said...

Gorgeous leaf! I love your card! Thanks for playing along at Retro Sketches!