Friday, November 2, 2012

Friday Flashback: A Little Bit of Happiness

Time for another Friday Flashback!  Today's stamp set is A Little Bit of Happiness, which I think might have been a hostess set?  It's from 2008, so that was a while ago and I don't have to know everything about SU all the time.  Here's the one and only card I made with it (at this point I kind of hope it was a freebie so I won't feel so bad for not using it more...):


I know this was for a color/sketch challenge combo on Splitcoast.  I miss Almost Amethyst and Taken with Teal.  We need more purples and teals.  And maybe some more sketches using long, skinny images.  At any rate, this week I made two more cards with this stamp set.


This is one of those Splitcoast sketches that leaves me cold, but at least I can check it off as done.  I like the colors though, Barely Banana, Always Artichoke (I just so tried to type WARTichoke) and Rich Razzleberry.  That's not the full image on the card; I masked with a Post-It note to only get the part of the image I wanted to use.  This one and the next one are both stamped in Chocolate Chip craft ink (why did they retire that?  I love that color in craft ink!) and then embossed.  Helps me stay within the lines when I color that way.


For this one, I stamped the whole image, colored it with a mix of markers and WWC, and then cut it all apart (which I only recommend if a.) you're crazy like me and b.) you like cutting things out).  This is a much simpler sketch since the main image took me so long.  This is the kind of sketch I like, easy breezy beautiful.  Only with stamps and paper, not makeup.  I can't do makeup.

Thanks for joining me for this Friday Flashback!

Supplies:
     Card #1
Stamps:  A Little Bit of Happiness
Ink:  Basic Black, Taken with Teal, Almost Amethyst, Certainly Celery
Paper:  Certainly Celery, Taken with Teal, Whisper White, Almost Amethyst monochromatic DSP (retired)
Accessories:  white taffeta, corner rounder punch

     Card #2
Stamps:  A Little Bit of Happiness
Ink:  Chocolate Chip craft
Paper:  Rich Razzleberry, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, monochromatic DSP in Always Artichoke and Barely Banana (retired)
Accessories:  WWC, clear EP

     Card #3
Stamps:  A Little Bit of Happiness, Sprinkles
Ink:  Chocolate Chip Craft, Barely Banana marker
Paper:  Barely Banana, Ballet Blue, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Accessories:  WWC, clear EP

No comments: