Friday, December 6, 2013

Friday Flashback: Scentsational Season

It's time for another festive Friday Flashback and today's stamp set is Scentsational Season.  I loved this stamp set and I was a little sad that it didn't carry over for another year, but on the other hand, that doesn't mean I can't continue to make cute cards with it!  So let's flash back to 2012.


Sorry this first pic isn't great; this card was not pinkish in real life but this was the only pic of it that I took.  I got this stamp set not long after I started this blog last year, so you may have seen these before if you've been a frequent visitor : )  I also liked to use Scentsational Season with More Merry Messages, as you'll see.


I love the sketch on this one.


Ya know what, a nice hot cuppa tea sounds pretty good right now!  "Smile" sentiment from Fabulous Phrases.


Umm, I think I was in love with the Happy Christmas stamp last year.


And I still kinda miss Curly Cute.  So that's the Flashback, here's today's new card:


I used an SCS sketch from a while back and I *meant* to do a color challenge too, but I ended up using similar-but-not-the-same colors instead.  Oh well, Real Red looks good with Baked Brown Sugar and Wild Wasabi, and that gingerbread man was not nearly so cute stamped in Crumb Cake.  I think Baked Brown Sugar is a much better color on him : )

Thanks for joining me for today's Friday Flashback, have a great weekend!

Supplies, last card only:
Stamps:  Scentsational Season, More Merry Messages
Ink:  Real Red, Baked Brown Sugar, Wild Wasabi
Paper:  Real Red, Very Vanilla, Holly Berry Bouquet DSP
Accessories:  Holiday Collection & Circles Framelits, 2 1/2" circle punch, Soft Suede taffeta, Dimensionals

2 comments:

Tanya said...

You're right- Baked Brown Sugar is a fantastic gingerbread color! :) These are all so cute and festive. I really like the DP on your new card!

CCsMom said...

I LOVE these cards. Of course they are the traditional Christmas colors. Still makes me feel in the mood. Really great cards -- ALL of them.