Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Joyful Pink Poinsettias

I forgot something.


I made six of these yesterday, and I meant to do something on the center of the poinsettia to jazz it up a bit--like some glitter glue or something.  But I forgot to do that yesterday.  Oops.  I did decorate the inside of the cards, though.


The Pink Pirouette poinsettia turned out darker on the edges and lighter in the center, and I'm gonna pretend I planned it that way to stamp the sentiment in the flower.

The color combo is courtesy of the Paper Players:


And the card sketch is from Mojo Monday:


Though my card is more "inspired by" than a strict use of the sketch.

We've got a bit of low-lying fog here today, so it looks all wintry outside and I'm about to take my two little doglets for a walk.  Unfortunately I just checked the temperature--34 degrees--so it's gonna feel pretty wintry out there too.  But then I can make myself a nice hot cuppa tea when I get home...have a wonderful day!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Joyful Christmas
Ink:  Raspberry Ripple, Old Olive, Pink Pirouette
Paper:  Raspberry Ripple, Pink Pirouette, Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White, Season of Style DSP
Accessories:  Apothecary Accents Framelits, Dimensionals

6 comments:

CCsMom said...

Oh, at first I thought the polka dots were on a brown and I liked that -- but the olive is good. Cute card, Chris! And stay warm!

Tanya said...

I love, love, love this one!! And enjoy the 34*! We can't seem to get into the double digits lately... and we're living off hot chocolate! :)

CCsMom said...

Yes, I DO like the brown with white polka dots in the background. Cute.

Angela said...

Christy, this is very beautifully done with the sketch!

stampwithsandy said...

Great job combining challenges, Christy! I love that beautiful poinsettia and it is so pretty in pink. Thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

Nance Leedy said...

Love the poinsettia combined with those pretty polka dots! Thank you for sharing with us at The Paper Players!