Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Nachos: Good Thoughts

Get out your sunglasses and flip flops, 'cause the Nachos have got a fun summery color combo for you today!


Ya know, in case you're suffering from Christmas card overload like me.  So here's my card with more new stuff from the Occasions mini!


The only thing I'm not sure I love on here is the different color Candy Dots on the flower centers.  I kinda like that one little pop of Bermuda Bay but I think the Basic Black ones are too much.  Hmm.  Anyway, the watercolor wash background was not done by yours truly, it's from the Watercolor Wonder DSP which is truly fabulous and looks even better in person than it does in the mini catalog, and this piece is the least wow-y of them but I needed a good yellow background for my card.  You'll be seeing lots more Watercolor Wonder stuff from me, I'm sure.  The flip side of that pattern is totally specfabulous and I kinda want to marry this paper.  Ok, maybe not marry it, but maybe wallpaper my craft room with it.  Yeah.

The stamps are brand spankin' new as well, two new sets called Petite Petals (all flowers that fit in a coordinating punch) and Perfect Pennants (almost all sentiments and matching Framelits, thought I didn't use those).

So now it's your turn!  Head on over to the Nacho Average Challenges blog to see what your other favorite Nachos have done with this color combo, then give it a shot yourself!  Have fun with it!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Petite Petals, Perfect Pennants (coming to a craft room near you in January!)
Ink:  Basic Black, Melon Mambo
Paper:  Basic Black, Melon Mambo, Whisper White, Watercolor Wonder DSP
Accessories:  Petite Petals Punch (say that three times fast), Brights & Neutrals Candy Dots, Dimensionals

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

Oooo, I think I'm going to have to order the flowers and punch. LOVE them.

I like this card, too. Wasn't so sure about the color challenge until I saw what you did with it. Very nice.